August 13, 2015

nostalgic feeling

Hello mixed media friends!
Here in Greece August is the third and last month of Summer. That means that my vacation on beach house will end in a few days and I'm getting in a melancholy mood. But, still the sun is shinning and the sea is amazing for swimming.
 So, today I'm hosting the Mixed Media Place and sharing a canvas about all these Summer things and emotions: a little bit of sea, memories and some paper boats I made by myself like those we used to make when we were children.


I glued on the canvas a paper from 7 Dots Soulmates collection and painted the rest of the canvas with white gesso. Then I glued the photo, the embellishments and the paper boats and stamped with several stamps here and there. I also wrote a small text I found on internet about 'what is a nostalgia'. After that, I used some blue and light brown colors to match the sea and the sand of the photo. The Lindy's Stamp Gang turquoise is the perfect color to represent the sea. I also used my favorite color ever Blue Grass from Primary Elements here in some spots to highlight them and as well gold and mediterranean silks. My final step always is to make some splashes with white gesso.






***chippies from 2Crafty Chipboard

I hope you got some summery inspiration from my project.
Have a lovely sunny day!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*