December 20, 2015

Altered star for Christmas

Happy Sunday everyone!
Today I'm sharing an altered fabric star I created for ColourArte.

For this project I used:

ColourArte products:
Other products:
  • Finnabair products: White Heavy Gesso, 3D Gloss Gel, Ephemera vintage photo, glitter, Glass Beads, Pearls and Glitter, Metal embellishments
  • 2Crafty chipboard star
  • 7 Dots Studio sentence sticker
  • lace
  • buttons
  • shinny black grass
  • wire


First I attached the wire on two sides of the star to create a hanger. I also hanged a cute tassel at the underside of the star. How cute is that?! I removed a couple of beads of the tassel and attached on the wire.
Then I applied white gesso with a sponge all over the star.

Next thing to do was to alter the chipboard star.
I painted it with the warm gray and pale porcelain H2Os and spread some glitter on it.
I really love these two shades, I think they are perfect for vintage projects!
I let it dry.

Then I cut with scissors the little girl from a Finnabair's Ephemera vintage photo and glued it on the chipboard star. I glued all the embellishments on the fabric star with 3D Gloss Gel and spread glitter and Glass Beads here and there.




As some final touches I used with a paintbrush the  Blue Ice H2O here and there.
Despite the red shades of the project, I decided to use blue color because I always like to add a little bit of blue on vintage projects.





>>>

With this project I'm playing at:

7 Dots Studio 'Cold Weather' challenge.
Despite the red shades of this project, I believe it creates a cold vintage feeling.
I used stickers from Yuletide collection.



Art Sandbox challenge 'hanging on a Christmas tree'
 

>>>

So, that was my altered vintage inspiration for today.
I hope you got some ideas :)

Have a lovely crafty day!

xxx
Athanasia



10 comments :

  1. Gorgeous, love the texture and imagery. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhhhhhh... I can't describe how many emotions this your fantastic project suggest me... you are a very talented lady ... awesome!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Takes my breath away!! So unique and full of magic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty - I love the wonderful star.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Μου αρεσει τοσο μα τοσο πολύ! Ειναι θαυμα να δινουμε ζωη σε τοσο κοινά αντικείμενα! Εξαιρετικό!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Piękne :) Dziękujemy za udział w wyzwaniu AP :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!! Thank you for joining us for the 7 Dots Studio "Cold Weather" challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great!!!!Thank you for joining us for the 7 Dots Studio "Cold Weather" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous, gorgeous project! Thank you so much for joining in to the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic idea :-)
    Thank You for joining our challenge at 7 Dots Studio :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*