May 7, 2016

steampunk cat

Dear friends
today we are celebrating International Scrapbooking Day!
Together Finnabair Creative Team with Prima have prepared a lot of exciting things - make sure you keep an eye on the Prima blog and all our social media!
Each lady of the Finnabair Team chose a quote on creativity that was close to our heart and created an artwork inspired by it.
I hope you will join in the fun and take part in the challenge we came up with at Finnabair Blog - scroll down to  Finnabair Blog post to check out the prize and what to do to win it!!!

My creative quote:

'It's never too late to be what you might have been'



Scrapbooking came into my life 4 years ago and today I feel so happy and honored that I can celebrate it here in this incredible team with my scrappy friends all around the world!

I chose this creative quote for my project because I think it represents all these amazing things you can do through art and consequently through scrapbooking. I love that I can be on the paper anything or anybody I desire and I can achieve that only with my pencil, paints and all these magical media :)



To create this tag I used a card I got from IKEA. There was only a cat on it with some dictionary background which I covered with Heavy White Gesso. I glued with Soft Gloss Gel all the mechanical, chipboard and paper pieces and used three different acrylic paints to color them.
I wrote the quote with black and white pen and used a stamp to give more interest to the background.
***Chipboard pieces by 2Crafty Chipboard





Make sure you visit the  Finnabair Blog post to see what created the rest of the Finnabair Team!
We hope you will enjoy our "conversations" about creativity in our lives.. 
We'd like to invite you to join in and encourage you to celebrate your creative side by taking part in our challenge. :)
Your task is to take a quote that is especially close to your heart, the one that motivates you in any way, basically any words of wisdom that move you.
Create any piece of art - it can be a layout, collage, canvas, card, anything you feel inspired to make. Feel free to interpret your chosen quote any way your Muse tells you. ;)
Then simply add your link using inlinkz tool below and then our Team will vote who the winner is.
The prize is waiting!!! I hope it will add a pinch of creativity into someone's life!

You have time till May 21st to send in your beautiful art here in this post.
Good luck and enjoy your time being creative!!!

xxx

Athanasia

8 comments :

  1. Wonderful card! Love the steampunk cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant! Both idea and execution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! Oh my! I love it to pieces! Fabulous design and techniques!!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful with amazing textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun and cool project! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, with the picture of the steampunk cat, I looove !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*